Call for Abstracts
Late Breaker Abstract submission has been closed.
Thank you for your submission.
Result of Abstracts and Session Details
Result of abstracts sent on April 28, 2017 has been uploaded.
See the final version of session details as of July 28, 2017 for oral and poster including date, time and session title, from the buttons below.
Should you have any further questions, contact scretariat <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Abstract Submission Policy for Late Breaker
We will accept Late Breaker Abstracts which are based on your latest research accomplished after February 6, 2017, the extended deadline of general abstract submission.
Instructions – Individual Oral and Poster Presentations
We invite abstract submissions on all aspects of epidemiology and the application of epidemiologic methods in public health and social, community and preventive medicine. Abstract submissions that are related to the WCE 2017 themes are encouraged, but abstracts on other topics in epidemiology are also welcome.
|Call for Abstracts Open Date||August 1, 2016|
|Early Review Submission Deadline for Travel Awards||October 15, 2016|
|Early Acceptance Notification||November 30, 2016|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||January 17, 2017 (midnight JST)
February 6, 2017 (midnight Japan Standard Time)
|Late Breaker Abstract Submission||February 20 - March 30, 2017 (midnight Japan Standard Time)|
|Author Notification||Until May, 2017|
|Registration Deadline for Presenters||June 15, 2017 (midnight Japan Standard Time)|
|Congress Dates||August 19-22, 2017|
- Global/Regional/Local Health and Epidemiology in a Changing World
- General topics: Epidemiological methodology, Ethics, Social epidemiology
- Diseases: Infectious diseases, Cancer, Cardiovascular and renal diseases, Mental health
- Risk factors: Nutrition, Physical activities, Environmental epidemiology
- Settings and Life stages: Occupational health, Maternal and child health, Geriatric epidemiology
- Other topics
Presenting Author Responsibilities
The person submitting the abstract identifies the author who will be designated as the Presenter. The Presenter will serve as primary contact on the abstract. It is the responsibility of the Presenter to communicate with all co-authors regarding acceptance of the abstract and to obtain conflict of interest disclosures from the co-authors. Just one abstract can be submitted as presenting author for open Abstract. Please note that in order to be designated as a Presenter; it is a must to register for the congress by June 15, 2017.
Abstract Format and Submission
- You are required to include the following:
- Author Information
- Preferred Abstract Presentation Format (oral, poster) - Final determination made by Scientific Program Committee
- Abstract Title, Include country or region where study was done.
- Make abstract title in lowercase except the first letter of the first word of the title
- Abstract Category (select theme and key word that best describes your abstract)
- Structured Abstract Body: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusions
- Abstracts should be no more than 300 words. Do not include figures or tables
- The official language of the Congress is English; there will be no translation services provided during the congress.
- Abstracts must contain results. Abstracts with "results to be discussed" will not be accepted.
- Abbreviations should be introduced before use. For example, "hepatitis C virus (HCV)."
- Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other conference prior to this congress
- Abstracts must be submitted via this Website only
Oral abstract presentations will be allotted 10 minutes (7 minute presentation, 3 minutes for questions/answers) organized concurrent sessions of similar topics. Slide presentations will be given using Microsoft PowerPoint software.
At least one author must attend and be available during your assigned poster session (60 - 90 minutes). Further details on poster dimensions will be sent upon acceptance of abstract.
We anticipate offering travel awards for selected abstracts. If you want to apply for the award, please submit your abstract until the early review submission deadline.
This award is given in recognition of outstanding endeavors by young researchers in their activities and to encourage continued research careers related epidemiology. For this program, a limited number of awards will be made available to PhD students or postdoctoral researchers who submit original abstracts in all basic and clinical research fields of epidemiology.
(The winners of awards will be announced and presented during the congress)
- PhD students or postdoctoral researcher at a university or non-profit organization
- Use the award for travel to attend this congress
The award will be given travel grants and will be granted to selected winners of five to ten qualified students and researchers and a registration fee for the congress will be waived.
Category for Abstracts (Oral/Poster)
1-7: for special sessions *Closed
- International council organized session
- Regional sessions
- Early carrier epidemiologists session
- Future perspectives of global/regional/local health and epidemiology
- Role of epidemiology and epidemiologists
- Epidemiology in Japan
- The Fukushima nuclear power station accident and its health effects
Please select one in the following categories.
8-22: for oral or poster presentations
- Epidemiological methodology
- Social epidemiology
- Infectious diseases
- Cardiovascular and renal diseases
- Mental health
- Physical activities
- Environmental epidemiology
- Occupational health
- Maternal and child health
- Geriatric epidemiology
- Genetic epidemiology
- Other topics
Abstract Review & Acceptance
All presentations will be accepted based on quality, relevance and space availability after peer-review by the Scientific Program Committee.
We understand that some authors need early notification about their abstracts to apply for institutional approvals, financial support and travel Visas. Abstracts submitted on or before October 15, 2016 will be reviewed for early acceptance. Authors will be notified of their abstract acceptance or rejection by November 30, 2016. Decisions about the presentation format (oral or poster) will be communicated to the Presenting Authors by May 31, 2017.
Abstracts received after October 15, 2016 through January 17, 2017 and Late Breaker Abstracts received from February 20 to March 30, 2017 will also be peer-reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee. Notice of acceptance or rejection, the date of presentation and the presentation format will be made to the Presenting Authors by May 31, 2017.
Please submit your abstract after taking the above instructions into consideration.