Saturday, August 19 - Tuesday, August 22, 2017
1-7-5, Sakuragicho, Omiya-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama 330-8669 Japan
Yosikazu Nakamura, MD, MPH, FFPH
Department of Public Health, Jichi Medical University
Global / Regional / Local Health and Epidemiology in a Changing World
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Ministry of the Environment
- Saitama Prefecture
- Saitama City
- Center For Medical Statistics
- Japan Alliance of Public Health Science Association
- Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Association
- Japan Association for Medical Informatics
- Japan Atherosclerosis Society
- Japan Medical Association
- Japan Pediatric Society
- Japan Primary Care Association
- Japan Society for Healthcare Administration
- Japan Society of Nutrition and Food Science
- Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Japan Socio-Gerontological Society
- Japan Statistical Society
- Japanese Association for Disaster Medicine
- Japanese Association of Exercise Epidemiology
- Japanese Cancer Association
- Japanese Society of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Japanese Society of Health Science for Children
- Japanese Society of Public Health
- Saitama Medical Association
- Science Council of Japan
- Society for Applied Gerontology - Japan
- The Biometric Society of Japan
- The Japan Association of Smoking Control Science
- The Japan Diabetes Society
- The Japan Endocrine Society
- The Japan Geriatrics Society
- The Japan Society of Diabetic Complications
- The Japan Society of Human Genetics
- The Japan Stroke Association
- The Japanese Association of Health Communication
- The Japanese Association of Medical Sciences
- The Japanese Circulation Society
- The Japanese Society for AIDS Research
- The Japanese Society for Hygiene
- The Japanese Society of CardiovascularDisease Prevention
- The Japanese Society of Child Health
- The Japanese Society of Diabetes and Pregnancy
- The Japanese Society of Hypertension
- Tobacco Control Medical-Dental Resarch Network
The official language of the Congress is English.
Passports and Visas
A valid passport is required in order to enter Japan and must be valid for the duration of the stay.
Prior to booking flights, registrants are strongly advised to confirm with their travel agent whether they require a visa to travel to Japan.
Those who require an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the meeting, the organizing committee will issue the letter only for those whose abstract is accepted.
Therefore, we ask you to make the online submission during the period of August 1 to October 15, 2016.
Furthermore, please note that we will prepare necessary documents only to those who have already completed registration with required payment.
We strongly urge you to complete the registration as early as possible so that you will have enough time for applying for a visa.
If you require a visa for entering Japan, please go to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA): http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html to find out Visa Application Documents you need from the following:
- Letter of Guarantee
- Letter of Reason for Invitation
- List of Applicants
- Schedule of Your Stay
Please download the necessary documents from the above website, fill out your part of them, and submit to the WCE2017 secretariat by email <email@example.com>. If you need a Letter of Guarantee, please send us a scanned copy of your valid ID issued by your affiliation. Also notify us of your Abstract ID and Registration ID.
We will complete our part, seal, and return them to you along with a letter of invitation.
The deadline for your submitting the documents to the WCE2017 secretariat is July 20, 2017 (JST).
Due to the large number of requests for visa documents, we must amend the deadline to June 20, 2017 (JST). Please kindly expedite your visa applications on or before that date. Thank you for your understanding.
Please note that the visa requests have been closed on June 20, 2017.
Casual and Informal
The weather in Saitama in the mid-August will be hot and humid with temperature between 26.6C (79.8F) and high 37.2C (98.9 F).
However, the Congress site is well air-conditioned.